TLG 1.83% 55.5¢ talga group ltd

Talga's Current NPV, page-124

1. 282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4072/4072578-1e9dea7baf72528ccbe142527a25c02d.jpg
    @Beach42 Unsure why you have posted historical holdings of MTs. Is it to show us that he has indeed been paid, like every other CEO of a company? The most recent holdings indicate that MT has gone from ~2.5 million shares (2015) to 14.5 million shares as per the most recent annual report to shareholders in Oct 2021. I concede >$1 million in 2021 is a lot to take home, but not obscene relative to other remuneration packages in other companies. Especially considering 71% of that is from shares and options.

The "cash cow" quip is a relative one. If MT takes home $1 million last year, but turns a company TLG into a multi-billion dollar company through permit approvals, EU funding, expertly negotiated offtakes, facility construction, smooth production and resource expansion with limited dilution, then I argue it is money well spent. Especially, if the SP climbs north significantly!

If I'm a CEO and I don't believe in a company and only want the $$$, then i'm not taking 71% of my wage as equity in said company. Mark is proving his belief in the company by amassing a larger haul of shares than anyone of us can dream of. I suspect he has his eye on the long game, and not a "measly" $400k wage.

The proof will be in the pudding, but the graphite run hasn't started yet. No point selling ourselves short with a poor offtake or JV or CR in order feel secure. Security lies in knowing that the supply constraints will intensify and we have a world class resource, "green" anode product, a government who appears to becoming more sympathetic to the needs of decarbonisation and a location well placed at the centre of the planned EU gigafactory explosion. Thus in the fullness of time, the pendulum should naturally swing towards TLG.

DYOR JIMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.