Taliban announces amnesty and invites women to join Govt, page-7

1. 12,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    I have been pleasantly surprised - so far - they are probably playing the "long game" - having learnt a lot from their past 'mistakes'.

I suspect - as Shia - they will maintain some form of religious "purity" but have Iran to guide them (in terms of inclusiveness re their population).

They also have a problem in that a country needs funding - the Americans have already threatened to seize the 10 odd billion of Afghani funds in American banks.

So they will likely allow the Chinese to develop their base metals - they appear to have the biggest known Cu reserves. The Ruskies also previously helped in their gas development so it was a good sign that they made the approach to the Ruskies and Chinese. The Iranians would be a great fit for them given that they have managed to maintain their development in the face of extremely strong sanctions.

So all in all, it sounds to me like they have been doing their homework as part of the preparation for the takeover!

Hope the women and girls are treated fairly - if so, they will likely succeed!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.