ASM 8.05% 94.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

France defends its ‘big nuclear adventure,’ says it is...

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    France defends its ‘big nuclear adventure,’ says it is influenced by geopolitics

give it a Google

France & UK & USA & Russia & China & Japan have all been using nuclear energy for decades - and ALL have been part of nuclear disasters

from Fukushima to Chernobyl to Long Island to Windscale & Maralinga

@sustainable

While the end for coal & gas power is overdue I would much prefer to see the end of nuclear power - it will probably be with us forever...

Another fine example of risks & disaster for us peasants with minimal benefits - while for the Elite minority it's profits & proliferation of enriched uranium

Nuclear fusion technology is interesting however it's likely to be mishandled at some point with potential catastrophic consequences - luckily it still seems to be decades from being viable

Crazy to look back to 1878 & the history of solar power

For some reason coal & oil were chosen as better energy options than large scale solar development & hydroelectricity

Guess it was power & politics & control & greed that won - sure things are somewhat different now but the expansion of nuclear fission is surely even worse than coal & oil???

Some might argue that nuclear weapons have ushered in unprecedented times of peace based on deterrence & I agree this has been the case however it seems nuclear war & sabotage are lingering threats that could potentially be even more devastating than climate change

Then again some might view nuclear war as natural selection on steroids & a welcome culling of humans on earth with the bonus of a long & cooling nuclear winter to follow & ease climate change

Probably goes something like that in military PowerPoint presentations or zoom meetings...

It doesn't really bother me like it used to when I was a teenager

At some point each of realise it's often better to just get on with living our lives & forgetting about possible nuclear war whilst trying to make the most of each day or at least enjoy it & be thankful for our lives at present

Some people I know have bunkers ready for the worst

Others are more than happy to take their chances & opt for a bullet or an alcohol based death if the worst was to happen

Anyway... Renewables should really be mandatory for all new power plants & building designs

Be good for the planet & everyone on it & even better for us ASM shareholders as demand for our end products would likely see 100% of DZP mined, metalliized & turned into magnets

One day it might all fall into place...
    Last edited by EBBandFLOW: 12/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.