ASM 1.94% $1.01 australian strategic materials limited

Talk about anything, ASM or otherwise., page-4

1. 659 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    Couldn't agree with you more @sustainable and it would be nice if many things past, present & future ( likely to unfold ) were very different

ASM seems to be part of many possible solutions but it could be somewhat naive to hope or assume that the end of coal & oil & gas & many other toxic industries will mean a brighter future for humanity & the ecosystems that exist now after who knows how many eons journeying around the sun

Hope is important & every little action can add up to significant cumulative positive action & progress

However...

There seems to be a significant push for expanding nuclear fission energy & it has already been used throughout Europe, Asia & North America for decades with baseload power perhaps a bonus rather than primary aimNuclear war is highly likely at some point or at the least nuclear sabotage -

ASM products will unfortunately be linked to nuclear power & military industries directly or indirectlyI won't dwell too much on other possibilities & I am not without some hope for my kids & the future of their kids should they choose to become parents

The paths ahead are many & I would love to see much more collaboration, community focused connections & much less competition, consumerism, intolerance & division- conflict & distraction

Unfortunately it seems to me that parts of Europe & North America & The Middle East have benefited disproportionately from 200 years of mass industrialization, pollution, war mongering & institutional atrocities all of which linger & some even underpin much of what we enjoy & take for granted in Australia - me included

India & perhaps other emerging & developed nations will likely push for coal use until 2100 (this was already put forward recently by India) & only agree to replace coal with renewables with MASSIVE subsidiaries from already developed nations who will inevitably agree to carbon pricing to help pay for such subsidies & penalise businesses & nations that are dragging their feet or keep using cheaper carbon intensive fuel sources such as coal or gas - economic battlefield seems to evolve - another standoff & games to be played for money & power & influence & oh yes consequences for us ordinary folk...

Oil will continue to be used for industrial purposes for decades but should cease to be a common fuel source - though it may remain a part of energy security or military plans in some countries

There's a small number of people with access to enough resources, willing underlings & nuclear weapons to destroy the planet, survive a nuclear winter & the fallout & repopulate the planet & maybe in the meantime work on terraforming Mars ready for sale as the next dream destination & address for the Earth's future elites to rule from afar over the polluted, dying & disease ridden planet Earth

or is it all not likely or even possible or worth daring to hope it will never happenI could go on & likely will in future posts

We are very fortunate to be alive today & living in Australia despite the challenges all humans face moving forward & looking back trying to figure out how we arrived in a future where a small minority of people managed to rule & virtually enslave billions of people for hundreds of years...

now here's Tom with weather...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
-0.020(1.94%)
Mkt cap ! $181.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.02 $1.02 $1.01 $112.4K 110.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 45409 $1.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 3836 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.02
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.02 $1.03 $1.01 17112
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.