ENB 0.00% 0.5¢ eneabba gas limited

I'll be looking forward to your report Nomadd. Looks like AVA...

1. 82 Posts.
    I'll be looking forward to your report Nomadd.

Looks like AVA has stolen the march on ENB so first up I'd be interested to know whether there will be room for 2 power stations at Eneabba. Coal is said to be cheaper than gas power at production level but I wonder if that takes into account carbon debits in the future, with polluting emissions also next to the wheat belt region. AVA has a 1 bn power plant and coal mine proposal, and no generation licence or environmental clearances. Some of the really hungry power users like GBG may not want to sign up to gas until they know the outcome of AVA's proposals. ENB has a 100+ m proposal with generation licence granted. ENB already has a gas supply contract, but is reliability of gas supply an issue?

Then there is the point that new generation capacity (even from an existing wind farm at Walkaway) can not be added in to the transmission network until the line is upgraded to 330 kV, and that work has not begun yet. And I think the Alliance would argue for a greater capacity than that being needed.

I am wondering then if the ENB power station is built, is it possible it could be all dressed up with nowhere to go? How long would it take to build?

ENB on website mentions sale of water as a possible future revenue source. Is it nearly all "fossil water" from aquifers that will be used for the iron ore miners?

I thought coal needed to be washed before being used, perhaps ENB would have a big advantage there, it would use less water?

Is is possible that the water resources could be enough for all of the miners in their ramped-up stage?

I was reading some comments by Kagara Zinc (Nth Qld) management, they are having trouble getting enough power for their mining operations, so have to resort to diesel generators, much more expensive. There has not been much focus on power for the Mid West, I think the time for that will come soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.