Latest article on Super from ABC...

1. 175 Posts.
    Latest article on Super from ABC link:
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-21/labor-stop-people-raiding-their-superannuation-tackle-tax-breaks/102000680

Super needs reform, no question. And all public servants need accountability. And entrepreneurs who create, develop and think outside the box need support, otherwise we may as well have ChatGPT run the govt.
    Politicians spend our money arguing and plotting to increase their access to a bigger piece of the cake, when they need to be focussing on making the cake bigger for everyone, supporting the creative, productive enterprising and 'value adding' parts of the economy, not the usual short term BS.
    I was a conservative, uncaring average aussie, but the pollies have turned me sour, so there must be an awful lot of people ahead of me in this queue coz I expect that I would be amongst the last to get aggravated. My point is that the devil is in the detail: super reform will be good but have some additional nasty surprises in it for the 'benefit' of Australia no doubt, while the economy goes down the plughole coz no-one is focussing on the long term 'big game' but rather fighting for more crumbs of the cake at the expense of making the cake bigger for everyone.

If you have a huge super fund because you were enterprising and creative, developed new ideas etc, then good luck to you.
    If you have a big super fund coz you were a parasite of the system, then pity and shame upon you. Reform these bastards please.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.