BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Quoting Moreld’s assertion no 2:"The Chairman told shareholders...

1. 830 Posts.
    Quoting Moreld’s assertion no 2:

"The Chairman told shareholders he will vote for the election of Dr Montato to the board only to pull the plug at the last minute. Even if it was legal, such misleading and deceptive behavior is usually associated with thieves and robbers rather than company chairmen."
    I too initially found that disgraceful. HOWEVER, AT THE AGM THIS WAS CLEARLY AND REASONABLY EXPLAINED. I now view it as a error of judgment. MISLEADING AND DECEPTIVE IT WAS NOT.

FACTS (Refer BTA’s ASX announcement on 15 September and 14 October)
    On 15 September Biota mailed out the notice of meeting to shareholders stating the chairman will direct proxy votes to support the election of Dr Montalto. After 40 days on a Friday, 24 October Biota announced they have changed their mind and will vote against Dr Montalto. They gave shareholder less than 2 working days (by 10am Monday 27 October) to withdraw their proxy. The notice would have expired by the time many shareholders read their mail on the Monday, the effect is equivalent to stealing the proxies to vote against Dr Montalto election.

Moreld, here’s your chance to explain what WAS CLEARLY AND REASONABLE EXPLAINED. Did Peter Cook and his mates believed for 39 days Dr Montalto is fit to be a director and woke up on the 40th day to discover Dr Montalto was not fit to be a BTA director?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.