BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

GSK is cooperating - Relenza, too, is under review for efficacy,...

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    GSK is cooperating - Relenza, too, is under review for efficacy, and have committed to advising the results of their findings to the review board/investigating committee.

(Extract below from UK National Health UK site)

I would imagine [and hope], that a positive outcome from this review will be suitably communicated to all and sundry, although I don't know of any dates [anyone??].

Have written to Biota and await a response, which I will happily pass on.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/01January/Pages/tamiflu-ineffective-claim.aspx

====================================================

"These headlines have come about following the publication of a systematic review into the effectiveness of Tamiflu (oseltamivir) and Relenza (zanamivir) in preventing and treating flu in adults and children. These drugs are from a group called neuraminidase inhibitors (NIs), which are thought to help reduce symptoms of flu. However, the evidence behind their effectiveness is a source of continued debate.

This story is particularly important because the UK government has spent millions of pounds stockpiling Tamiflu to protect against the threat of a potential flu pandemic, as have many other countries.

The review of Relenza was postponed due to new information about how the drug affected individual patients being made available by the manufacturer (GlaxoSmithKline). The results of this are eagerly awaited."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.