BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

tamiflu japan results released, page-5

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Interesting that Japan "Ordinary" Tamiflu sales were almost triple the size of their stockpile sales. This is also why I'm annoyed that for the first time that I can remember, GSK have not shown Relenza sales although I'm guessing that these might have been dominated by Japan - if not, there is scope for a serious please explain from Biota, if they have the balls.

Anyway, here is something I posted at the end of November that gave us an indicator of expected Japan stockpile orders - figures for Inavir and Relenza combined (although GSK have purposely chosen not to release these) were to amount to around two-thirds of total orders:

Here are some upcoming Japanese stockpile orders - interesting numbers:

Tamiflu to cover 12.4m persons
    Relenza to cover 8.8m persons
    Inavir to cover 7.0m persons
    Peramivir to cover 1.0m persons

Between Relenza and Inavir, they have over 50% of the orders. Tamiflu hanging in there only on the convenience of popping a pill.

-------------

25 Nov 2011

http://pj.jiho.jp/servlet/pjh/regulatory/detail/1226565559317.html

HPB, HSB Issue Notification to Ensure Stable Supplies of Flu Drugs This Season(Nov.25.2011)
    To ensure the stable supply of anti-influenza drugs this flu season, the Health Policy Bureau’s (HPB) Economic Affairs Division and the Health Service Bureau’s (HSB) Tuberculosis and Infectious Diseases Control Division issued a joint notification to prefectural health authorities on November 21 asking them to carefully examine the amount of such drugs needed based on trends in the number of patients and other factors in order to prevent an oversupply to certain medical institutions and pharmacies. The notification asks medical institutions to place orders based on the state of flu prevalence and last year’s use, and to refrain from ordering more than the necessary quantity.

"Since large-volume deliveries to a restricted number of medical institutions have a major impact on the amount of anti-influenza drugs in distribution on the market, the notification also asks that wholesalers make subdivided deliveries as long as they do not interfere with healthcare at medical institutions. It also asks medical institutions to cooperate in subdivided deliveries.

Estimated Supply of Tamiflu Enough for 12.4 Mil. Persons

The manufacturers plan to supply Tamiflu (oseltamivir), Relenza (zanamivir), Rapiacta (peramivir), and Inavir (laninamivir) in amounts sufficient for around 12.4 million, 8.8 million, 1 million, and 7 million people, respectively. Each manufacturer also plans to be ready to produce additional supplies if the flu season is worse than expected."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.