BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

tamiflu resistance not the point here

1. 2,027 Posts.
    I have read the original Lancet article now (subscribers only). The link here
    http://www.medpagetoday.com/Pulmonary/URIstheFlu/15843
    is almost identical and good for the more medically literate.

There is NO MENTION of Tamiflu resistance. This is vitally important. It shows that whether or not there is Tamiflu resistance, intravenous Relenza is the superior treatment of severe influenza.

I posted earlier about novel H1N1 having a higher rate of severe infection leading to very expensive ICU treatment. IV Relenza has led to rapid improvement in the 2 or 3 people it has been used on who were at deaths door. It means we do not have to accept Relenza as a "second best" only for Tamiflu resistance, it is the very best in all circumstances for the treatment of hospitalised patients with influenza.

Patients who might have spent a week or two in hospital may instead be discharged after a couple of days. There is no need for expensive, time consuming tests for Tamiflu resistance. All that needs to be done is confirm the presence of influenza infection and then to start intravenous Relenza treatment.

It has saved lives, it will save lives, in even the sickest patients. This is a game changing breakthrough. We need IV Relenza in all hospitals, now. It will save lives and it will save money, a winning combination.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.