@alonso - I had an interesting musical experience last night -...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @alonso - I had an interesting musical experience last night - couldn't sleep, so I always turn on my bedside radio - Radio National - and listened to an interview with someone called 'Troy Cassar-Daley' - he spoke in the most wonderful direct and honest 'Aussie' speech I've heard for a long time. - Last time I heard someone speak like that - and when I fell in love with the 'Aussie' accent, was from a country TAB agent in and around Bunbury W.A. - (most likely deceased now frown.png - anyway this guy sounded really pleasant, not a single swear word, short phrases - eventually he burst into his 'Aboriginal' Song - straight from speech, absolutely no difference - wonderful tone production - totally unconscious. I was rivetted by his honesty and the 'sound' he managed to produce. Seems he is an award-winning country singer. Have to check him out.
    My new friend, an Irish singer, does exactly the same thing - except I know that he practices and 'learns' his songs, but no music education whatsoever, learns just from listening to others.
    Music is simply about being who we are - any attempt at being something else is doomed to failure.
    So the young uninhibited musicians which you were back then will be playing in a different way nowadays.
    Do you still play guitar? (I am assuming here, that you played guitar, but maybe you mentioned it?)
    Keep humming, singing, strumming, drumming . . . . it's good for the soul!
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.