IRN 0.00% 29.5¢ indophil resources nl

tampakan enviro article in miningweekly

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Indophiles might be mildy interested in this article:

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/tampakan-environmental-study-could-be-catalyst-for-openpit-ban-review-2011-05-25

Brian Philips comment that the Sth Cotabato action and minimal response from Malacanang Palace "had seen other provinces move to introduce similar ordinances" is lacking some perspective though. Regional / local governments have been promulgating "anti mining" legislation in the Philippines for decades. Most significantly from an Australian view point, MIM abandoned their ground in Capiz due to a similar provincial ordinance back in the 90's. There have been many others.

Even with unilateral government support, nearly all developing projects suffer from guerrilla warfare in concert with propoganda from anti-development mouth-pieces in the Church heirachy. Even if you get your mine going you might get it taken from you and given to the Koreans - refer; Aussie ex-listing Lafayette and Rapu Rapu Mine.

Protest action lead by the Church against the coal-fired power station to support Tampakan will be another drama. Ahhh - the Philippines...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.