ZIP 3.63% $1.29 zip co limited..

Tap and Zip has more benefits than you may think

1. 40 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Sorry yes im new.

Anyway I've seen a lot of people criticize the zip partnership with Visa (tap and zip) saying its going against themselves and vendors wont want to sign up with zip directly because they dont have to and therefore zip wont be making as much money etc.

Well for one most of zips revenue is from the customer fees not the merchant and they will still get a small percentage with the visa virtual card payment not to mention it opens them up the a much broader market that they can slowly move their direct zip payments into.

However thats not really the point of this post. I don't think people have really thought about the fact that using a 1 time use visa card online for your purchases marketed in the right way makes zip look like the most secure way to pay online. No one can steal your credit/debit card details from a one time use card. I've also used it a few times and its very easy to navigate to online stores through the app and use the card and its also very easy to generate the card and use outside of the zip app.

Theres next to no marketing to get the older generation involved with zip. But I think nearly everyone has heard a story about their details being stolen or have doubts about using their card on certain websites or whatever it may be. Yes i know the bank will cover the stolen money in almost all cases but I don't think everyone realises that and there still may be instances where you arent covered and also who wants to go through the stress of dealing with the stolen money if you dont have to (and screw the criminals. if everyone used tap and zip, they cant get shit and might have to get a day job)

Sure less of the over 50's have a phone capable of using tap and zip but in 5 years there likely wont be phones sold without the feature and everyone is embracing technology. all it will take is some clever marketing and slight fear mongering for stolen card details and everyone will want to use the tap and zip feature not just the older generation too scared to activate tap and go on their debit card in case someone with a high tech card reader is walking around bunnings

Its just another avenue zip is exploring. Thats why i bought shares in the company. They arent sitting on their hands and milking the success of their original idea. I utilized their zip business loan. I use zip money for my fun expenditures and I was asked if i wanted to use zip at officeworks the other day. in my experience when something keeps popping up in your day to day that wasnt there a few years ago its time to get on board because they must be doing something right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.29
Change
0.045(3.63%)
Mkt cap ! $1.442B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.32 $1.27 $16.63M 12.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30048 $1.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.29 290528 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.29
  Change
0.045 ( 3.89 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.31 $1.25 2717786
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.