TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

Bacci: Not sure why you keep talking about TAP not paying...

1. 6,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1892
    Bacci: Not sure why you keep talking about TAP not paying dividends for decades:

1 - I think it's been established that the people invested in TAP at the moment, aren't in it for the dividends.

2 - You're talking about the board not paying dividends for DECADES! The board you're referring to 'decades' or even less than five years ago are gone.

3 - People are investing in the free upsides of Zola, Tallaganda and Ghana for the capital gains opportunity and to a lesser extent Manora. The gas contracts and the $100 million provide a floor in the share price as a backup in the event the aforementioned for some reason ends up being worthless. Only one of the above has to come through for you to do okay. Depending on which one, it could transform the company. Much prefer TAP to have cash, and drill another dozen more holes.

The TAP of today, is a lot different to the tap of even just 5 years ago. It didn't have Zola, Tallaganda, Ghana then, but it does now, and that's what we're invested in it for.

In the absence of other news, I'm happy with the SP being 63.5c. Heck I'm hoping that it drops to 50cents tomorrow on the back of no news! I'd be happy to pick up more on the way down.

I always remember the first time when someone told me what "the score on the board" was - it was about three years ago when flight centre was $6. My only regret was that I sold out at $16, not $24.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.