WHC 1.21% $6.69 whitehaven coal limited

Alex...Shorts have their hour of fun and hour of tears like...

1. 2,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 911
    Alex...Shorts have their hour of fun and hour of tears like anybody else...just depends when they shorted and how quickly they decided to cover!!??

Seems they started a bit of covering today.Yes shorting shares does not add up to Mae West's famous quote "Too much of a Good Thing can be Wonderful!!!!! .... but it does hold up for long term Value Holders at this level .... .With a book value of $6.30 and an intrinsic value according to Alpha Spread of $23.79....and bearing in mind the most profitable company shares, over time ,sell for at least twice book and often three times book and higher!!!! doing an analysis of WHC's discounted cash flow ..the value is $35.76... yes by any measure WHC is grossly undervalued on a DCF value 81% .......Expect the vultures to arrive in force!!!!!?

I would say WHC at today's price is very cheap...but obviously the short sellers thought they would have their hour of power and good luck to them....although many who sold may not agree??!!..Fear drives panic this drives sales...and many who who have sold and didn't do any fundamental assessment never return!!!!
    Indeed once bitten Twice Shy...where is Mae West now??!!

People who do their homework can generally buy really cheaply when short players come around during a period when a company is going through major structural change like WHC is now .....Strong early run up ...then whack!!!

Yes it's all done by Scaring the Rats and mice, by tilting the ship ...yes Short players.. I must say it worked again ...Just too many people aboard WHC who didn't study the stock and ran for cover and gave the short players an open door to profits.

This activity by Short Players has also given long term holders a chance to pick up some low lying fruit...thank you Short Players...you opened the door to Hell for the few who had not studied WHC's FUNDAMENTALS and gave a bountiful opportunity to those who know the "Value as well as the Price."

Yes as I said it pays to be lazy in Quality and yes it pays to add a few more at good value...and right now in my humble opinion observing all methods of valuation ....WHC is still great Value.

All the Best to All

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.69
Change
0.080(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $5.596B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.78 $6.66 $65.75M 9.881M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 550 $6.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.70 14239 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.