WHC 0.28% $7.16 whitehaven coal limited

I certainly didn't mean to affront people living there, but...

1. 10,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1421
    I certainly didn't mean to affront people living there, but lower temperatures at this time of year are normal and many European and UK houses and apartments are adapted to the climate with insulation or other measures.

Voters in Europe were stupid enough to vote for wholesale closure of coal-fired power stations and/or to remain silent when that occurred, so there's an element of 'reap as one sows'. It is their fault, along with the stupid, Marxist or nirvana-seeking politicians elected.

Some governments such as UK have announced various measures to mitigate the effect of rising energy bills, heavily skewed towards lower income households:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58090533

This involves huge public expenditure when nations are grappling with high Budget deficits, but in the short term may see fewer households with huge financial problems as energy bills rise.

Do those in Europe and the UK think and pray constantly about and for Australians when we have (in past years, not so much last year, at least in Victoria) had summer heatwaves and multi-year droughts?

I'm not suggesting they should: as 'HC' contributor mypravda suggests, best to have a glass half full mentality and to deal with any problems as they arise, though even better if we can sensibly plan ahead to ameliorate any likely adverse effects.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 30/11/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.