WHC 0.81% $8.54 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-3226

1. 1,898 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 324
    haha love your response

my thoughts on your original question, however, is that low conviction owners of coal stocks are almost the perfect target for a shakeout, and that the end of year holiday season is the perfect time for a shakeout

then you get people like FreedomInvestor claiming they saw it coming (always the day after in his case) and that “the charts” say it’s going lower that the company’s cash holdings (honestly how ridiculous) and its certainly hard to hold the conviction. I must say i also go searching the same way you have described. However….

any which way you play WHC out on a cash flow basis, you’ll come back to an NPV of at least $14. It’s definitely an unpopular and unfairly maligned industry (I’ve posted before about how the miracle of Newcastle coal should actually be worshiped by truly environmentally conscious people rather than demonised), and will never get a fair PE ratio, however the worst case if you hold is you will get at least an NPV of $14

as always this is not financial advice that considers the unique circumstances and objectives of every unique investor…. but it is certainly simple math

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.54
Change
-0.070(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $7.144B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.66 $8.73 $8.52 $37.78M 4.397M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 28629 $8.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.56 20970 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.