WHC 2.16% $7.09 whitehaven coal limited

till last year, China has about 13 million ev cars out of 320...

1. 1,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    till last year, China has about 13 million ev cars out of 320 million cars, during the Chinese New Year holiday season one lady has driven 2300kms straight on the national highway with her Tesla, and she stopped 10 times to recharge, because of the cold weather, traffic jams, availablity of the charging station, long queues ...... and her average stop was 50 mins, 3hours was the longest. she said it was very enjoyable ride. and of course she became the laughing stock. with my Toyota Camry with a full tank of petrol to start with, two stops is enough maybe 3 times max, 20 mins each stop would be plenty. plus Chinese highway service area is totally different to Australia, they have multiple restaurants cafes shops spas massages karaokes. all sorts of different ways to take money out of your pocket. God knows how much extra has she spent on those extra stops. for us all we can get is ice-cream cock and cold sausage rolls from Sydney to Melbourne.
    lots of taxis in China are ev cars, under normal circumstances they only need to drive to the base change battery packs around 15 minutes, but because of the -20° temperature they all frozen with their frames talking extra 20 mins to defrost, so the queues was 6 hours long .
    my question is even if it is free charging, will you go through these agony? and ev battery life is only 5-8 years, if you live inner west of Sydney that's great, but if 15 kms away from next door neighbor, then forget about it

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.