WHC 1.04% $7.74 whitehaven coal limited

"Another straw man argument. Since when did anyone here mention...

1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    "Another straw man argument. Since when did anyone here mention anything about that? For what its worth, I don't accept the above premise."

But a huge number of people you rely on as authorities do accept it. That's a big problem for you given your massive reliance on their wisdom.

You see? You use authority as an argument. You shouldn't anyway but you do. So if your authorities are in fact lunatics (which they predominantly are) that leaves very little by way of basis for your beliefs. Other than 2 correct predictions out of a trillion that is.

"Whatever I say, you dismiss without evidence. Again, for what its worth, I have solar panels on the house which significantly reduce my electricity bill. I walk/ride my bike to work. I've upgraded to a more fuel efficient car (although was not the reason for the purchase). I cut down on as much waste as I possible can."

So nothing significant. Just like I said. You have to sacrifice *at least as much* as you demand of others. That means your job and your life savings.

" It's not that I "believe" in climate change, as if it requires a degree of faith."

It requires an acceptance of an appeal to authority.

"I dont "believe" in the theory of gravity, or the tectonic plate theory. I accept the evidence and understand how it works."

You understand how gravity works? Impressive. You should explain it to physicists. How do objects that aren't touching have an attractive force?

"You may appease a few scientifically illiterate people here in this thread, but to the majority of the population you're screaming your ignorance as loud as you can."

95% of people supported lockdowns. Every last one of them was evil, stupid and wrong to do so. I opposed them the whole way and never once wavered in the face of relentless propaganda. I can and do get things wrong but, objectively, I'm a fundamentally better person than every one of the people that make up your precious "majority".

"Did you ever stop to think that perhaps the millions of work hours done by the thousands of scientists might know something you don't? Very ignorant to think otherwise."

Millions of hours have been spent by "experts" in their field making arguments for:
    bloodletting
    slavery
    creationism
    eugenics
    homeopathy
    astrology
    etc

I assume you believe in all of these because to do otherwise would be "very ignorant".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.74
Change
0.080(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $6.466B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.64 $7.77 $7.63 $9.722M 1.265M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2348 $7.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.75 9287 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.12am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.