WHC 3.84% $8.92 whitehaven coal limited

my exact buying and selling of apt wasn't the point i was...

1. 4,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2290
    my exact buying and selling of apt wasn't the point i was getting at. my story of how i managed things on the way up and then when i was sitting on massive paper profits is very relevant to many WHC holders who bought much much lower than $10. I managed to avoid most downside risk and I banked profit from a very high average selling price Vs my buy price. i don't think many people have managed to buy and hold with a ~$120/1200% gap between those things per share and despite going through several big drops including an 80% one prior to selling out.

I thought it might add some value to the conversation to hear from people who have had great success when riding a rocketing share.

the fact I'm in WHC alongside you is the same reason i was pretty early to MIN and APT. i see value as the difference between the current market cap and my best estimate of the market cap in the future based on what people are likely to be measuring to determine price in the future. If you can only see the value in things that are printing cash, then you would never catch an Amazon, afterpay or TESLA during the early growth phase. You also wouldn't have bought WHC super early on the guess that energy transition was actually about to break. even i didn't manage this as i only noticed coal when WHC was about $4. If you need explicit past financials to value things, then my investing and your investing are not the same activity. I'm more of a futurist than an accountant doing dcf
    Last edited by polarbear666: 08/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.