WHC 1.17% $7.75 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-6260

1. 10,441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    From 'The Australian' online mid afternoon on Wednesday 5 July 2023:

(I can't stand these 'green' groups who make all sorts of unsupportable claims - they're Marxists):

Whitehaven Coal has scored a legal victory after a NSW court dismissed a legal challenge to the company’s plan to expand its Narrabri underground coal mine.

The energy group secured NSW independent Planning Commission permission in 2022 for the project that will extend Narrabri’s lifespan by 13 years to 2044, infuriating environmental advocates which had mounted an aggressive campaign against the project that they said would exacerbate climate change.

Opponents were able to block development albeit temporarily when Bushfire Survivors for Climate Action, a community activist group, sought a judicial review of the IPC’s ruling as they sought to argue whether the commission gave sufficient credence to the impact of the expansion on the climate.

In a victory for Whitehaven, however, a NSW court on Wednesday dismissed the challenge from Bushfire Survivors for Climate Action.

“Our consistent position has been that this legal claim was without merit. Comprehensive assessment and evaluation of the Narrabri Stage 3 Extension Project was undertaken by the IPC, including in relation to climate change related matters,” Whitehaven said in a statement.

“High quality thermal coal has an important role to play in providing energy security during the decarbonisation transition.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.75
Change
0.090(1.17%)
Mkt cap ! $6.483B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.64 $7.77 $7.63 $24.54M 3.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 46128 $7.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.76 17705 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.