WHC 1.87% $7.63 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-6444

1. 1,998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    The fluctuation of about 3 million miles from earths elliptical orbit is not what drives climate. The man in the video says, and I quote

"These warmings and coolings are driven by the distance from the sun. And that distances from the sun changes because we have an orbit that goes from circular to elliptical.....As we get closer to the sun we warm up, and as we get further away we cool down"

It seems to me that he is implying that the fluctuation in the elliptical orbit is what drives the warming, which it does not.

You said, "My take is that the sun is certainly one of the main factors that drives climate variation over years, decades and centuries. I'd be more worried about an ice age than a warming climate. Even if true, we'll just adapt to the new."

The sun is the main driver of warming the earth, yes, and the science accepts this. The solar output is slowly and predictably getting stronger. However, it has small cycles, and the recent cycle is of a drop in solar irradiance, yet the earth continued to warm. Yes, most of us humans can adapt to a slightly warmer planet, but many more people cant, not to mentioned a lot of animals too.

I never said, nor claimed that we need to eliminate fossil fuels. In fact, many times I have conceded that they will remain with us for quite some time.

Do yourself a favour, be a proper sceptic, and actually spend 20 minutes on what the science of climate change actually is and says. Not just what you've heard on forums or the news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.63
Change
0.140(1.87%)
Mkt cap ! $6.383B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.59 $7.65 $7.52 $30.32M 3.990M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 110097 $7.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.63 13368 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.