WHC 2.90% $8.71 whitehaven coal limited

My starting point of most recent highs (as in from the last...

1. 1,935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    My starting point of most recent highs (as in from the last year) was arbitrary, sure. Just as Vanguardian and Hagetaka picking yesterday to mention "your lithium's not looking too good now is it.." was also arbitrary.

But I digress, WHC and PLS have only received one dividend since their respective past year highs. My point was that should someone had bought shares at a 52 week high, an investment in PLS would have been better than an investment in WHC. (Just fyi, I was one of those that received the 40c FF dividend last September).

"Third, 10% or 15% variance in investment returns for resource stocks, whose share price volatility is naturally high, is really only within the parameters of normal market randomness. So, small variances in returns are really just a reflection of normal share price "noise."

Yeah, I agree with you. But again, Vanguardian happened to pick yesterday to instigate some sort of attack on Lithium stocks. I don't really care too much for what he has to say, just merely pointing out the arrogance in picking a single day when Lithium is not doing too well is a bit ridiculous don't you? especially to bring it up on WHC thread would you agree?

I agree with your last points as well in essence, but could argue that some of those points favour PLS.

e.g.

Point 1) Getting in relatively early of an emerging commodity with a company that has been producing and selling for years as opposed to many speculative explorers out there.

Point 2) Less locations = less capex required eg multiple processing facilities, offices, machinery etc etc (just generalising here)

Point 3) Costs actually decreased this quarter for PLS and according to the teleconference appear to be stabilising. Again, PLS has much less risk than other lithium companies than say SYA, CXO, LKE etc etc.

Anyway, getting a bit off topic from your original reply.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.71
Change
-0.260(2.90%)
Mkt cap ! $7.286B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.88 $8.89 $8.65 $51.18M 5.859M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25352 $8.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.72 43859 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.