WHC 0.69% $8.61 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-661

1. 1,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    The best multibagger stocks I've ever had (other than WHC and NHC currently) were;

SIQ (in at $1.4 and out at $11 - no idea how I managed to time it so well, this is back in 2018 and I think I was worried Labor would mess with novated/salary sacrifice sector in the next election, thought I'd made a mistake but look at the SP now :/ )

MMS: same deal as SIQ more or less (in at $2 and out at $17)

Oh and BTC back in 2011 (but I lost just about the lot by using the MtGox exchange - funnily enough the bankruptcy trustees are finally getting around to finalising it 8 years later!)

I lucked out with the above two, and have many more examples where I held too positions too long and ended up selling at breakeven or even losses (whilst earlier being up x15 or x20)

I don't want to make the same mistake with WHC, although I love the stock and feel it has more to go, I must admit I feel tempted to take a little bit off the table as my portfolio is so heavily weighted to coal it's not funny (80% across WHC and NHC).

One way I do selldowns in shares I still like, is to set myself 10% parcels to sell - and if the stock goes up to the presale valuation (ie: another 11%) I would sell another 10% and so on.

Not so sure I'm good at selling as the price goes down!
    Last edited by BenXinvest: 09/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.