WHC 0.69% $8.61 whitehaven coal limited

The best multibagger stocks I've ever had (other than WHC and...

1. 1,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    The best multibagger stocks I've ever had (other than WHC and NHC currently) were;

SIQ (in at $1.4 and out at $11 - no idea how I managed to time it so well, this is back in 2018 and I think I was worried Labor would mess with novated/salary sacrifice sector in the next election, thought I'd made a mistake but look at the SP now :/ )

MMS: same deal as SIQ more or less (in at $2 and out at $17)

Oh and BTC back in 2011 (but I lost just about the lot by using the MtGox exchange - funnily enough the bankruptcy trustees are finally getting around to finalising it 8 years later!)

I lucked out with the above two, and have many more examples where I held too positions too long and ended up selling at breakeven or even losses (whilst earlier being up x15 or x20)

I don't want to make the same mistake with WHC, although I love the stock and feel it has more to go, I must admit I feel tempted to take a little bit off the table as my portfolio is so heavily weighted to coal it's not funny (80% across WHC and NHC).

One way I do selldowns in shares I still like, is to set myself 10% parcels to sell - and if the stock goes up to the presale valuation (ie: another 11%) I would sell another 10% and so on.

Not so sure I'm good at selling as the price goes down!
    Last edited by BenXinvest: 09/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.