WHC 5.66% $8.59 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-7539

1. 16,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8071
    "How about instead of building them a coal power plant, we build them a solar farm instead? Plenty of sun in Africa."

["...a solar farm" (singular) will do nothing, so I'm assuming you don't mean just "a" solar farm, but several hundred of them.]

So, to show it is not just ideological claptrap you are sprouting, can you:

a.) place a monetary value on the the sort of investment that needs to be made to provide solar capacity to the world's 5 billion people living in developing and under-developed nations of the world?

b.) identify the source of supply of all the polysilicon ingots and wafers that will be required, as well as the technical expertise and trades skills in those countries to be able to do what you are suggesting?

c.) say where the not-so-small matter of the required capital will come from?

I mean, wealthy OECD countries don't even have the capability to get to where they say they want to be with renewables, and yet you reckon we should do for 5 billion people in the developing what we are struggling to in our 1.0bn capita developed economies?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.