WHC 2.58% $7.95 whitehaven coal limited

The problems? I'm guessing government beaurocracy, red tape, I'm...

1. 16,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8038
    The problems? I'm guessing government beaurocracy, red tape, I'm sure there's some $$$ incentives for the fossil fuel companies thrown in as well.

Government bureacracy? We've had some of the most pro-renewable administrations in the world for more than a decade (notable Germany and other EU nations) and they still depend overwhelmingly on fossil fuels for they energy needs. You telling me they are stonewalling renewable projects?

The exact opposite: they are heavily promoting and subsidising them.

As for incentives being provided for fossil fuel companies, that old chestnut wore out a long time ago. The Biden administration entered its term of office on a platform of active opposition to fossil fuel production; yet today the USA is producing oil and gas in record quantities.

"Im not going to pretend I have all the answers, but to suggest coal fired electricity is somehow going to lift these people out of poverty is the only answer is ridiculous. We've had these coal powered technologies for over a century and yet these people are still in poverty, care to explain why coal power hasn't fixed the problem yet?"

Because they've barely emerged out of agrarian economic stage of their development, unlike the developed world which has developed the skills and expertise to manage modern energy and industrial systems.

Now do countries that have had multi-decade access to coal power and tell me what their living standards are today?

What form of energy powered economic development in the OECD over the past 100 years?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.95
Change
0.200(2.58%)
Mkt cap ! $6.650B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.83 $8.02 $7.81 $81.15M 10.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 18264 $7.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.99 13073 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.