WHC 0.15% $6.70 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-7745

1. 1,573 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    1. I forgot to include the euronews.com 4.1.24 link , in my post directly above (re the extremely cold winter- in a few places, record lows- Europe is now experiencing).

Europe hit by extreme cold, flooding and power cuts | Euronews
    (To fully open this link, as soon as it appears, click IMMEDIATELY on your "Esc" button, on the top left corner of your keypad)

2. The Guardian 5.1.24. L. Herdman said

"Beijing experienced its coldest December since records began in 1951, after a cold wave hit much of China. Temperatures fell below -10C, alongside heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions. Northern and north-eastern parts of the country experienced the coldest temperatures, as icy air moved south from the Arctic, with some areas plunging to -40C.

The Beijing weather observatory recorded a period of more than 300 hours in which temperatures remained below freezing, which is the longest for December since records began 72 years ago. The cold snap forced the closure of many schools and businesses in the Chinese capital, owing to travel disruption and the stress from added heating demands. Temperatures have risen into the new year but Beijing remains cold, with maximum temperatures reaching just above freezing so far".

Weather tracker: Beijing experiences its coldest December since 1951 | China | The Guardian

It should be noted that temperatures have risen in the last few days in China, but I am surprised that thermal coal prices have not risen more in the last few days.
    Last edited by Montalbano: 10/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.70
Change
0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $5.621B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.67 $6.74 $6.62 $14.53M 2.172M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 25038 $6.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.71 41736 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.26pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.