WHC 0.25% $8.00 whitehaven coal limited

Sharejag...I agree things will change in more ways than we can...

1. 1,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 826
    Sharejag...I agree things will change in more ways than we can imagine...once investors realise:-

A) India and the Indian Industrial Revolution will drive the price of coal...not China.

B)India has its own iron ore and although they no doubt will import some iron ore they are not a Price Driver of Iron Ore ..but they will be the Price Driver of Met Coal...because they do not have reserves of met coal to remotely drive their needs.

C)The strong correlation between iron ore and met- coal only existed with Chinese strong demands ..this should no longer be the story for met- coal stocks with rising Indian demand ....but the market still judges coal stocks through the iron ore price....as today iron ore prices dropped and WHC drops!!!

D)China certainly still buys coal and iron ore but Chinese demand is changing and China is no longer the huge positive price driver for met coal or Iron ore that it used to be ....it will take time for the Iron Ore / met- Coal stocks to diverge..and time before the old correlation is finally considered to be finally irrelevant.

E) I think there is a high probability that one of India's major Steel producers may make the best bid for 20% of Blackwater as that is where the future resides for strong growth in Steel.

All the Best to All

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.00
Change
0.020(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $6.696B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.00 $8.04 $7.88 $11.16M 1.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 4333 $8.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.01 13916 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.54pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.99
  Change
0.020 ( 0.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.00 $8.03 $7.88 425562
Last updated 14.13pm 06/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.