WHC 0.38% $7.95 whitehaven coal limited

Coal...yes it always happens ..I say stick to your knitting...

1. 1,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 826
    Coal...yes it always happens ..I say stick to your knitting ..the technology you understand....It may be called vertical and horizontal integration...it's more often than not using up capital to give lower returns on overall capital....Like tobacco's journey into movies for advertising ..they got wise and got out of movies!!!
    Good businesses teaches you to stick to what you are good at...in WHC's case it's mining coal...Black Gold.
    Shippers compete for business to get the best price for shipping..etc
    Just produce coal at the cheapest cost should be WHC's mission...we are not in the business of creating business empires ..just the best and most profitable return on capital for coal produced at the lowest volume/ cost...Growing Revenue is not necessarily a measure of the most profitable growth if the cost of revenue growth reduces the return on capital employed and if capital is absorbed by building other less profitable ventures !!!
    The Ego of directors is always for growth..often more "Costly Growth" reducing the return on capital...bigger is not always better.."growing a zoo of businesses" ..more often than not reduces the return on capital employed.
    It is not revenue growth ...but the return on capital employed that is the real measure of Good Management ,Good Economics and Good Dividends and a strong and growing share price.
    All the Best to All.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.95
Change
-0.030(0.38%)
Mkt cap ! $6.650B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.00 $8.04 $7.88 $25.32M 3.182M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $7.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.98 16494 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.94
  Change
-0.030 ( 0.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.00 $8.03 $7.88 878235
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.