WHC 1.79% $7.98 whitehaven coal limited

I always love replying to posts where people have invested some...

1. 951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655
    I always love replying to posts where people have invested some time and thought into what they write.

- WHC generates extraordinary cashflows atm
    Yeah, ATM!

- Low coal prices at present, so any upwards movement in coal prices means WHC’s free cashflows are driven up rapidly
    Are they low because over the last 2 years they were higher? How can WHC be generating extraordinary cashflow if coal prices are low? You cant have it both ways!

- New cashflows generated from Blackw & Daun acquisitions are not priced into the company’s valuation / share price at present
    Are you sure about that? Why wouldn't it be, its widely available information?

- Extinguishment of the debt funding for the acquisition will be a catalyst to drive a re-rate of the share price which I think should take place within 10-12 weeks as these discussions are already significantly progressed.
    Don't hold your breath for this to happen, if coal prices are low like you say, it will be many moons before WHC is debt free again.

On your last point, the ideology that you invest against is a minority predisposition and less prevalent than you think. You are actually investing with the crowd here. I ignore the passive ideological sponges that go with the new flavour of the month without giving it more thought than what they are told to believe. Left leaning individuals get the limelight because they are the minority, as always, this is how our society runs, the minority is the squeaky wheel. Little to no media coverage is given to their cause, and the media coverage that they do get is clearly against them, media does not support them. Welcome to the flock!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.98
Change
0.140(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $6.676B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.88 $8.00 $7.82 $25.93M 3.268M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2345 $7.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.99 3629 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.98
  Change
0.140 ( 1.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.89 $8.00 $7.82 1002222
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.