WHC 2.53% $7.90 whitehaven coal limited

Alejandro - Thanks for your response.- Low coal prices at...

1. 511 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    Alejandro - Thanks for your response.

- Low coal prices at present, so any upwards movement in coal prices means WHC’s free cashflows are driven up rapidlyAre they low because over the last 2 years they were higher? How can WHC be generating extraordinary cashflow if coal prices are low? You cant have it both ways!
    I am not sure what you mean here. Yes, in my view it's possible for WHC to generate superb FCF in a lower price environment relative to recent history, or to prices coming in the not too distant future. These are the best types of businesses in my view, as their stock's price is fortunately (or unfortunately) correlated to the ever-volatile gyrations of the underlying commodity price itself. So you pick the business up at a depressed valuation relative to what it could trade at if the commodity price took off. For one reason or another, I was able to pick up shares in WHC at $6.66 a couple of weeks ago when in my view there was pessimism around the business, so it's a contrarian trade from a price perspective.

- New cashflows generated from Blackw & Daun acquisitions are not priced into the company’s valuation / share price at presentAre you sure about that? Why wouldn't it be, its widely available information?
    The efficient market hypothesis is regularly disproven, and I firmly believe that the available information investors have access to in the modern day more often than not works to their detriment..Investing successfully is more behavioural than anything else. EQ > IQ.
    Until this week most analysts did not include the BMA assets in their WHC valuation for one reason or another, what does this tell you? Well, portfolio managers rely on analysts to provide them with their new stock ideas, so it told me at $6.66 in late March that a lot of large institutional investors (eg. Super funds, managed funds, overseas institutional investors, family offices, actively traded portoflios) hadn't taken their MT-LT positions in WHC with WHC's ownership of the BMA Assets in mind yet and therein lay the low hanging fruit opportunity that I estimated.

- Extinguishment of the debt funding for the acquisition will be a catalyst to drive a re-rate of the share price which I think should take place within 10-12 weeks as these discussions are already significantly progressed. Don't hold your breath for this to happen, if coal prices are low like you say, it will be many moons before WHC is debt free again.
    Alejandro, I implore you to watch this and digest it. whitehavencoal.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Whitehaven-Investor_update.mp4

On your last point, the ideology that you invest against is a minority predisposition and less prevalent than you think. You are actually investing with the crowd here. I ignore the passive ideological sponges that go with the new flavour of the month without giving it more thought than what they are told to believe. Left leaning individuals get the limelight because they are the minority, as always, this is how our society runs, the minority is the squeaky wheel. Little to no media coverage is given to their cause, and the media coverage that they do get is clearly against them, media does not support them. Welcome to the flock!
    Australia as a nation is investing billions of Aussie taxpayers' hard-earned dollars on irrational, global elitist-appealing, woke bullcr*p. It is not as simple as you make it out. Our State and Federal govts are putting us further and further into Billions of dollars worth of debt on the basis that we MUST act in accordance with EU, COP28, WEF and IPCC laws and regulations surrounding ESG mandates which are pushed by communists, disguised as groups who have humanitarianism front of mind. As like-minded conservatives, we must become more vocal. My only wish is that future generations have access to equally reliable energy generating methods we have had the pleasure of utilising in the last century. And this is why invest in and promote to people such companies, they are the bedrock of a comfortable global civilisation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.90
Change
0.195(2.53%)
Mkt cap ! $6.525B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.70 $7.91 $7.69 $17.03M 2.160M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 16500 $7.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.90 41853 34
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.46pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.88
  Change
0.195 ( 2.76 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.70 $7.91 $7.69 518167
Last updated 13.07pm 02/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.