WHC 1.82% $7.84 whitehaven coal limited

You're talking weeks, I'm talking years.Expecting costs to come...

1. 949 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655
    You're talking weeks, I'm talking years.
    Expecting costs to come down based on what? Holders' sentiment wishful thinking?
    Are you banking on WW3 to bring coal price up again, lol? Ukraine invasion already happened, old news.
    More of the recent old is not a reliable indicator of what is to come. Something about past performance?
    Its all tit for tat now with media hyping it up for the ad revenue. War season is closing to an end. 1-2 years left imo.
    What if Trump wins, sues for peace, ends the war, takes down sanctions and market is flooded with cheap coal, gas and oil?
    People do not expect this, global investment in coal is therefore up.
    Do we really expect the current global economy to be able to tolerate higher coal prices?
    Would global investment into steel/coking mines not be up off the back of war and cost of steel manufacturing in armament.
    Coal price will go up with stronger economies. Japan is a clear example now it has come out of its negative interest rate.
    What message does that send you about their economy and likely coal use/investment going forward.
    Next 2 years will be telling, follow on effects of rate rises will only be felt in the next 12-24 months, globally.
    Why would expected weak demand and expanding supply on artificial speculative futures be indicative of rising coal prices?
    Our coal price is set by speculation in the short term and established by fundamentals in the long term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.84
Change
0.140(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $6.558B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.70 $7.91 $7.69 $32.80M 4.171M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9995 $7.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.85 8800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.87
  Change
0.140 ( 2.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.70 $7.91 $7.69 934157
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.