WHC 0.26% $7.67 whitehaven coal limited

I can't be bothered with going into depth but all I know is the...

1. 864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    I can't be bothered with going into depth but all I know is the value of Coking coal has depreciated heavily since early March.
    It was overbought when they announced the purchase of Daunia and Blackwater (FOMO and excitement) last year.
    Production costs will be more than 10% higher than they have estimated (99% sure). This inflationary environment, you cannot believe the estimated costs from 9 months ago, nor Analysts reports and worse still management estimates.
    I think many of you have said that WHC management is rubbish. Is this correct? If so, why so much confidence in where WHC is headed?
    FOB Cash costs last year were $150/t and now they estimate an average of $120/t. Puh-lease!!!!
    WHC is on a knife's edge.
    What price were WHC using for the saleable coal?
    CRN can't make money right now and their cash costs are something like $110p/t. Problems in the US operations, Curragh problems and under performance. WHC presentation is BEST CASE SCENARIO.
    Who knows what is $AUD or $USD? The purchase of the 2 mines are in $USD (why not in $AUD since they report in AUD). So the actual purchase of the mines are 50% greater in total when converted to AUD.
    I understand the cash cost can be in $USD because Spot prices and customers use the USD for currency.
    Page 6 of Presentation 5. Based on management estimates and assumingcurrent spot prices
    Look at the Disclaimer as well: All dollars in the presentation are Australian dollars unless otherwise noted. Capitalised terms used but not defined in this presentation have the meaning given in Whitehaven’s ASX Announcement dated 18 October 2023 in relation to the acquisition

@ssayrus I don't know a lot about WHC (I know enoughabout coal and the noise surrounding it) but I can tell you that when acommodity is in favour and everyone says it's going higher, it's always theopposite. SGX coal at the time of acquisition was around $270-$280USD andhovered around the $300USD mark until early last month. It is now $230USDp/t and falling.
    Look at Bitcoin. Blackrock is busting everyoneout. When they have done their work they will No margin calls on Bitcoin,once you are busted out you're out.

Announcements are easy to believe, delivering on those announcements (with regard to financial outcomes rarely come to fruit). The company has just come out with figures that you all cannot verify to be true. Assumptions everywhere.

It's going down and thermal will go up. Let's re-visit in a couple of months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.67
Change
-0.020(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $6.416B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.70 $7.73 $7.57 $18.76M 2.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237 $7.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.67 12104 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.63
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.72 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.70 $7.70 $7.57 545550
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.