WHC 1.79% $7.98 whitehaven coal limited

how many more solar panels do I need to put on my roof?I guess...

1. 1,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    how many more solar panels do I need to put on my roof?
    I guess not only gas but coal too.

The surge in electricity consumption by artificial intelligence data centers may significantly increase demand for natural gas in the second half of this century. To meet the growth in demand, up to 8.5 billion cubic feet of natural gas may be needed every day.

Zhitong Finance APP learned that the surge in electricity consumption by artificial intelligence data centers may significantly increase demand for natural gas in the second half of this century. To meet the growth in demand, up to 8.5 billion cubic feet of natural gas may be needed every day.

U.S. power and technology companies are worried that the expansion of the U.S. power system is not fast enough to meet the rapidly growing power demand of technologies such as generative AI, which has prompted data center companies to sometimes bypass utilities and directly strike deals with power producers or build their own power supply systems.

According to the latest data from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the overall rise in demand has increased grid-connected requests for power generation and energy storage projects nationwide, from 2,000 gigawatts in 2022 to 2,600 gigawatts in 2023.

Natural gas prices hit a 3.5-year low of $1.61 per million British thermal units in February, as mild winter weather forced many producers to cut production. The report said natural gas prices will average $4 per million British thermal units in the second half of the decade.

Analysts expect pipeline operators such as Kinder Morgan (KMI.US), Williams (WMB.US) and Energy Transfer (ET.US) to benefit the most from the increase in natural gas demand, while natural gas producers such as EQT Energy (EQT.US) and Chesapeake Energy (CHK.US) will also benefit.

The report estimates that data center power demand is currently 11 gigawatts, which is expected to grow to 42 gigawatts by 2030 in the base case. The report also added that in the base case, about 2.7 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day will be needed by 2030.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.98
Change
0.140(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $6.676B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.88 $8.00 $7.82 $25.93M 3.268M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2345 $7.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.99 3629 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.98
  Change
0.140 ( 1.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.89 $8.00 $7.82 1002222
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.