WHC 3.84% $8.92 whitehaven coal limited

1. Yesterday's total value of shares traded was c. $48.3m, &...

1. 1,505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 368
    1. Yesterday's total value of shares traded was c. $48.3m, & today's $49.8m.These are the highest daily $ volumes since 19.4.24- & there have been very few days, in the last 12 months, when $48m+ value was traded.

In a rising WHC SP, these last 2 big total value days are signs that the big boys are keen, & are heavy buyers (What do they know? BW selling at a good premium? good June Quarter 2024 expected for WHC profits?). This may be a sign, IMO, that WHC is, probably, moving to a higher SP trading range keen in the near future.

The VWAP today was $8.37. The SP rose to $8.48 at 2.39.05pm, then fell to the closing price of $8.33, when many small Sell orders came in...ummm?
    Did someone want to keep a lid on the SP, to make it easier to accumulate more "cheap" shares in the next few days?

2. This Money Of Mine podcast was broadcast on 18.2.24, but I have only recently viewed it . Apologies if its specific contents has been provided on HC previously, but, AFAIK, they have not.

Romano Sala Tenna is the co-founder of Katana Funds. On 18.2.24, Tenna said that Katana have increased their ownership of WHC shares- which is larger than their YAL holdings. And also, referring to the Blackwater & Daunia purchase by WHC, Tenna said

"...There is a lot of interest in that asset (referring to partial sale of BW- my words). That transaction (WHC purchase of BW & Daunia- my words) is one of the best transactions I've seen in resources for a long time...they've doubled their production without issuing another share...They've effectively got the vendor [BHP] to finance the balance (of the loan- my words)...

I think WHC will have a serious re-rating over the coming months...

They [WHC] will get the best synergies out of the acquisition (referring to the likelihood of superior profits/ economies of scale, as Daunia borders WHC's Winchester South proposed met mine- all my words)...the debt is modest".

A Company you Can’t Bet Against + How PLS Defies Gravity (Investor Romano Sala Tenna Interview) (youtube.com)
    (Go to 52 minutes 50 seconds to 1 hourr 2 minutes, to hear the full interview)

Last edited by Montalbano: 04/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.92
Change
0.330(3.84%)
Mkt cap ! $7.462B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.49 $8.95 $8.46 $104.1M 11.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 340 $8.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.92 48976 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.