WHC 0.12% $8.60 whitehaven coal limited

1. Apologies for the Reuters/Jeffries link I provided directly...

1. 1,504 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 366
    1. Apologies for the Reuters/Jeffries link I provided directly above- it doesn't work in my copy & paste

Jefferies stated there was a likelihood of a much delayed sale of Anglo's 5 coal mines (or possibly only 4- ie no Grosvenor sale?)

Just google "Reuters jeffries says anglo american coal fire likely to effect sale" to open it.

2. This link hopefully will work, from minimgmx.com, where D. Mckay 1.7.24 said

"ANGLOAmerican’s plans to sell its metallurgical coal mines in Australia could be delayed by the suspension of mining at Grosvenor, one of the division’s operations...

Analysts at Morgan Stanley said the production outage could run into 2025 – a development that “is likely todelay the sale process of the met-coal business” Anglo is planning as part of a restructuring...

Selling [Anglo] metallurgical coal was seen as “the most imminent transaction,” said Morgan Stanley. The suspension “may last until the full extent of the damage is assessed and the regulators clear the mine to restart,” the bank said.

Grosvenor’s 3.5Mt in guided production is only about 1% of theglobalseaborne metallurgicalcoalmarket (and 1.5% of the hard coking coal market) but significant enough to tighten the market (my emphases) “at margin”, said Bank of America. A consequent increase in prices might offset some of the impact of lost production for Anglo, the bank said.
    “All else equal, the outage should bring forward the timing of expected tightening in the market balance,” said the bank".

Grosvenor suspension could delay sale of Anglo's met coal mines - Miningmx

The delays in the Anglo sale of its Qld. mines greatly benefit WHC- as WHC will have a much strengthened balance sheet in the next 2-3 years (with little, or nil, debt). WHC, therefore, should have the financial strength to successfully bid for Anglo's mines
    Last edited by Montalbano: Yesterday, 20:04

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.60
Change
0.010(0.12%)
Mkt cap ! $7.173B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.49 $8.61 $8.46 $14.99M 1.757M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 6384 $8.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.60 15148 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.03am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.