WHC 7.19% $7.10 whitehaven coal limited

1. Interesting comments.Who is the author, & from what Broker...

1. 1,570 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 386
    1. Interesting comments.
    Who is the author, & from what Broker etc.firm?

2. Any extensive delays in reopening Grosvenor would benefit WHC, re Anglo proposed sale of its Qld. coal mines. The major delays allow WHC time to make the expected vast improvements to its Balance Sheets (after imminent 20-30% sale of BW), & funding potential for Anglo coalm ine buy-outs etc.

s.h.a.recafe G. Dwyer 2.7.24

"As of Tuesday morning, there is a growing feeling that the mine will need extensive repairs, if it can be accessed. When it will be safe to do so is impossible to estimate now, but it is expected to take months. This could delay Anglo's sale as part of its restructuring plan...

Mining engineers say the damage could see the mine closed permanenntly (all emphases, mine) after the blaze is controlled and engineers can gain access to make an assessment, which may not happen for months".

Anglo American shares fall amid Grosvenor mine fire (Google S.h.a.r.ecafe, & URL in link, to reopen link)

3. These comments, in a 2.7.24 post on the CKA forum, suggesting he (thanks@patto) has inside, coal-industry knowledge that, indeed, Grosvenor's problems are extremely serious. Will it ever re-open? (If not, a large & significant met coal supply is removed, puting upward pressure on met coal prices ie will, eventually, benefit WHC).

Apply the usual, severe caution on social media sites of anonymous, "inside information". FWIW

Post #:74574087

Post #:74575580
    Last edited by Montalbano: 05/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.10
Change
-0.550(7.19%)
Mkt cap ! $5.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.39 $7.41 $7.03 $98.40M 13.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 32869 $7.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.12 82886 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.