WHC 0.34% $8.97 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-9604

1. 1,123 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Ha ha. Onya buddy. You tell him. LOL

A lot on here underestimate what I know - I will give you a snippet below and just maybe you might stop telling me what a smart person I am for makeing money. My business is my business how I minimize or pay no tax.
    So to whoever the dh was to think I should see my Accountant about CGT I think you're a fool. As @lilac would say "don't assume" (paraphrased)
    It's a hobby for me these days and legacy for small businesses. companies, trusts and SMSF's and only related individuals I have known for over 30 years.
    I get asked all the time if i can take on a new client - the answer is know and I actually reduced (sold) my clients by over 50% in the last year.
    Work from home and also work when on holidays. It's like going to the toilet. Easy if it's not constipation.

Anyhow, the only way I am aware that you can get all of your franking credits as an individual back is you either earn income including your grossed up dividends (for 2024FY) to no more than $21,885 (includes the low income offset of $700)

You can also distribute $1 of net trust income to an individual again and ensure that all the dividends, franking credits and other income does not exceed $21,885

You can also distribute trust income to an individual again and ensure that all the dividends, franking credits and other income does not exceed $21,885

With a company structure it is a bit more complex but suffice to say you can not get any refunds if it has franking credits only an offset.

If a trust has dividend income and franking credits and has other expenses and income for that matter and it finds itself making a loss the franking credits are lost completely.

An SMSF in pension mode gets all franking credits back. No income is taxable in pension mode nor any CGT events
    If your superfund makes a loss you will also get back all of your franking credits. CGT is 10% of the gain if held for over 12 months, otherwise taxed at 15%.
    The 2 highlighted however will need to pay a supervisory levy to the ATO of $259. This hasn't changed for years.

There could also be offshore companies but I never went as far as finding out how that structure would work and since it is not domicile in Australia I can't see how all or any franking credits could be refunded.

If you know of any other way please share @ShareJagger - I am always looking to learn because we are always learning.

Your last post, "you should always look at next 2 months" - I agree, even 3 months. However, think outside the box, you may have misinterpreted what I was actually saying. "funnier things have happened".................an event(s) etc etc, so many things I could say that could go wrong for coking coal and thermal coal in the immediate future that I would not want to piss off the forum even more than I already do. He he.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6293/6293395-bffbeeedace563a2c6fef4d6da5292e3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.97
Change
0.030(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $7.504B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.90 $9.00 $8.87 $32.72M 3.654M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7424 $8.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.98 38344 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.