WHC 1.18% $7.72 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-9661

1. 1,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 901
    Elnuto..Yes in many cases I believe you are correct...in others I believe Borano is correct...The real ability is to tell the difference between companies that will NOT COMPOUND their profits and grow in value and price and companies that the WILL COMPOUND their profits and grow in value and price
    As I said I don't need Warren to tell me how to be Stupid ..I learned the HARD WAY...It's just as easy to miss major positive moves by trading OUT as to be hit by major pull backs by HOLDING...I think Kenny Rogers got it right in his famous song THE GAMBLER..

However I would add...in the Stockmarket ..YOU CAN PICK YOUR HAND..Yes you can study and considerably "Reduce your Long Term Risk" by Studying the Fundamentals and starting with Good Companies with a solid future...Now Trading in these Quality Companies considerably reduces your downside risk...So Borano...seems to avoid rubbish and trade in Quality ..Smart move.
    Traders can make millions and Long Term Investors can make millions...Just Find Out What You Do Best and Stick to It preferably with GOOD COMPANIES.

As I said Jesse Livermore one of the world's greatest traders..said "It was sitting that made him the money"..

In my case I'm just Lazy on Quality..Why you may ask? "Now that is the Greatest Question"...I'm Lazy in Quality because After A Market Crash..,Quality always returns to a positive upward trend within a couple of years...because of Earnings being driven by economic recovery..Price may fall....but Value remains and where there is "Value and Quality of
    Earnings .Recovery will Return..

After a crash I always buy more of good companies at much lower prices ...and so far over time... it seems to work....of course it pays to build up cash as you move through the Market Cycle...Warren has almost 190 Billion dollars in the US near cash market...and approx 330 billion dollars in shares...so his cash position is very high as a percentage of his Stockmarket portfolio.

Why you may ask?..Well ..he says it's because he cannot find reasonable companies at a reasonable price...and that happens when markets get overvalued and corrections can be expected...but sometimes corrections take a long time in a high price level environment....

Mind you 10 shares in the S&P 500 have been responsible for approx. 70% of the index move ..so many shares out of the other 490 shares in the S&P haven't moved very much or have actually already corrected ???!!

"Good Cash Management is Equally as important as being focused on Value and Quality of Earnings."
    All the Best to All

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.72
Change
0.090(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $6.458B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.69 $7.77 $7.56 $31.42M 4.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23064 $7.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.74 4002 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.