WHC 3.97% $7.99 whitehaven coal limited

@Lord Bell For holders we surely hope news is positive....

1. 1,219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99

@Lord Bell

For holders we surely hope news is positive. Resistance, shorting to me is the same..........very hard to identify.
    There are a number of stars that need to align for WHC to continue upward momentum that is not for a number of weeks and possibly months.
    I wouldn't be concerned if they miss the quarterly target on Daunia and Blackwater. They need to hit the numbers for thermal and improve on last quarter (excluding the ex BHP assets)
    With all businesses that get purchased, transforming it to be more efficient will take time.
    It's a lot to expect to change the way things were done by BMA to the way WHC wants it done.
    If the targets are based on BMA figures alone and there have not been any disruptions to production and sale of coal there can only be upside.
    Notwithstanding, transformation costs a lot of money and time. Integration of BMA IT systems with existing WHC IT systems, changing of culture etc etc.. It's not as easy as people believe.
    It's good to know that there are around 1,000 coalminers and staff (from Grosvenor) that may be looking for work. Thankfully no fatalities and only a handful of extensive injuries to coal miners.
    There is now an ease of wage inflation in the area. Take it or leave it. BHP have done it recently with cutting bonuses so I am sure others will follow.
    We will not hear about it though. I hope they all find jobs.
    Happy to wait as always and if an opportunity arises to sell out I will. I have always liked the WHC story.

Last edited by borano: 10/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.99
Change
-0.330(3.97%)
Mkt cap ! $6.684B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.15 $8.24 $7.94 $56.72M 7.061M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 70838 $7.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.99 66806 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.