WHC 3.34% $8.67 whitehaven coal limited

Target $18.72, page-9713

1. 1,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    1. Can I suggest to you , for the links you provide, (which I often consider interesting & relevant) that you date the link, & also state the publication & author. Helps with relevance, accuracy of info, perceived "bias" of the organisation .etc.

The above link you provided, from J. McCarthy, was stating there is a real possibility that met coal will be eventually phased out, re making "green steel", by gas -powered furnaces, or hydrogen etc. (Although a big majority of experts I have read have stated this is very unlikely, due to not being commercially viable for a long time; &/or other technical problems).

Your truncated link did not mention these crucial sentences from McCarthy, when he wrote: "The cost of decarbonising the industry has been estimated by Wood Mackenzie at $US1.4 trillion ($A2 trillion) globally"; and "That's if it (green steel- my words could) ever became commercially viable".

Your link, therefore, was misleading, as it omitted these 2 crucial sentences.

Peak coal: Are we saying a long goodbye to Queensland's economic heartbeat? - InQueensland (inqld.com.au)
    (McCarthy's full link. Go to 10th & 13th paragraphs, respectively)

2. I have noticed you often change, from day to day, your Hold/Unhold status; & Buy or Sell status. You have advised you are a trader- does your trading & buying & selling style, re above sentiments, often change from day to day? You often buy & sell the same stocks, on/almost on consecutive days?

3. coaltrader.com 9.7.24 M Warder said

"Australia has witnessed a modest 3% year-over-year increase in coking coal exports in the first half of 2024, reaching 75.5 million tonnes (mnt), compared to 73.3 mnt during the same period last year, according to data from BigMint. This growth comes amid a significant month-over-month surge in June 2024, where exports jumped over 11% to 14.43 mnt from 12.97 mnt in May 2024.

The increase in exports follows a recovery from weather-related disruptions earlier in the year, coupled with a boost in shipments as the fiscal year-end approached. Despite these gains, exports to some of Australia’s major trading partners in Asia saw a decline.

Shifts in Export Dynamics to Asia

Shipments to India fell by 6.5%, dropping to 19.12 mnt from 20.44 mnt in the first half of 2023. Japan and South Korea also experienced downturns in imports by 1% and 7.58% respectively, while Vietnam saw a significant reduction of 42.52% in imports. In stark contrast, exports to China soared by a remarkable 203.7%, reaching 6.56 mnt from just 2.16 mnt in the previous year...

Australian Coking Coal Exports Rise in First Half of 2024 Despite Dip in Key Asian Markets – The Coal Trader

4. colatradrer.com 8.7.24 M. Warder said

"Global Thermal Coal Markets Shift Sideways as Supply, Demand Fluctuate

The global thermal coal market has experienced a noticeable fluctuation in prices and demand over the past week, with key developments shaping the sector’s dynamics..."

Global Thermal Coal Markets Shift Sideways as Supply, Demand Fluctuate – The Coal Trader

(Behind paywall- can anyone open, & post here please?)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.