WHC 4.34% $6.01 whitehaven coal limited

In what is certainly very positive news for WHC's prospects,...

1. 1,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 393
    In what is certainly very positive news for WHC's prospects, Anglo's Qld. Grosvenor mine shutdown is likely to last for many years (possibly 6 years?- see North Goonyella repairs, in link below); & cost up to c .$1billion to rectify.
    (ie if Grosvenor, together with its expected 5mt pa met coal production, will ever open again?).

Sh.are.cafe.com G. Dyer 6.8.24 said

"There are five mines owned by Anglo, but one – the Grosvenor underground operation – is out of commission after a fire on June 29th. Anglo has indicated that the Grosvenor mine will likely not be sold with the others, reducing the overall cost and tonnage (around 5 million tonnes per year).

Bringing the Grosvenor mine back online could cost upwards of a billion dollars, similar to the situation with Peabody's nearby North Goonyella underground mine fire in 2018 . North Goonyella isn't expected to be fully operational until 2026, with full production not expected until then. The total cost for North Goonyella could exceed $2 billion when considering the millions of tonnes of lost coal sales over six years added to the estimated $800 million plus (all emphases, mine) rebuild cost.

Glencore's coal gamble - *********
    (Type in "sh.are.cafe Glencore's coal gamble", to fully open the link)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.01
Change
0.250(4.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.027B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.01 $6.05 $5.90 $73.47M 12.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 28367 $6.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.03 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.