WHC 3.73% $8.01 whitehaven coal limited

Target $4.61, page-5489

1. 10,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    My synopsis of Hunter Valley coal trains as at 1740 AEDT on Saturday 12 February 2022 shows how WHC has 24/7 operations. One can't comment on whether it's a high number of trains, but they are feeding the stockpile at Port Waratah Coal Services, Kooragang Island, Newcastle and in turn the huge bulk ships that constantly occupy berth at the port.

There was one rake (of wagons) sitting at Kooragang Island's rail yard (with locomotives), possibly being unloaded.

A little further north at Hexham was a coal train from Werris Creek, presumably from the WHC small mine there.

Approaching Maitland was an empty coal hopper train bound for WHC's Maules Creek mine.

Between Lochnivar and Greta in the Upper Hunter Valley, there was a loaded coal train from Narrabri.
    Not far behind was another loaded train ex Narrabri, near Ravensworth and the Liddell mine (latter is not an NHC one, but Narrabri is).

There was a loaded coal train ex Maules Creek at Koolbury crossing loop, just north of Muswellbrook. It was crossing (being passed by) an empty coalie bound for Narrabri's WHC mine. The rail line north of Muswellbrook is single track, so every few kilometres there are loops to allow trains to be overtaken or to pass each other.

Another few kilometres north was a further loaded ex-Narrabri train, and another one at Murrundindi that originated at Narrabri.

So at a minimum this late afternoon, there were seven loaded coal trains operating for WHC and two empty ones en route to its mines.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.01
Change
-0.310(3.73%)
Mkt cap ! $6.751B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.15 $8.24 $7.94 $47.60M 5.922M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5497 $8.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.21 11457 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.