WHC 0.69% $5.73 whitehaven coal limited

Target $4.80, page-26

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    With all due respect, I believe that you have it backwards. For all its faults, Australia's voting system means that the winner of a constituency vote was preferred by more voters to the one that finished second, and was almost certainly preferred to all the others. In Britain, with its first-past-the-post system, a split vote can put in a candidate who is less liked than either of the candidates who finished 2nd and 3rd. And that really has happened quite a few times. If you want to see how disastrous proportional representation really is, look at NZ. Australia's system is still constituency-focussed, thank goodness.

Then perhaps you could explain to me how it is so good for coal in Britain that they have elected a prime minister promising to be the greenest ever and that Britain will be "carbon neutral" by 2035. Contrast that with Australia where the government - although apparently just as duped or bullied by the climate science fraud - has at least come up with some less damaging policies (still extremely awful, but nothing like as bad).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.73
Change
-0.040(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $4.793B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.75 $5.81 $5.66 $41.17M 7.185M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20670 $5.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.75 18672 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.