WHC 1.14% $7.82 whitehaven coal limited

I would not look too much into month by month price...

1. 976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    I would not look too much into month by month price changes.
    Those figures change daily and they can swing hard, focus on the bigger picture instead.
    10 year price history is a good start.
    I also encourage everyone to research the history of coal leading up to and during WW2.
    In the late 30s early 40s coal prices went from $1.50 per ton to $3 per ton very quickly, this was considered high.

High price coal cycles last about 3 years in 'normal' trading and political conditions (woke green agenda included). We are 11 months into what is deemed high prices ($100 per ton or more).

We are into new territory when it comes to price. Inflation, weakening US dollar, coal supply constraints, woke political agenda and a looming third world war will likely keep prices elevated beyond 3 years. I doubt we will ever see $100 per ton coal price again.

We will likely live through some very challenging times in the next 5 years due to the changing world order between the US, Russia and China. Climate change ideology will be put on the back burner and coal will power us through those difficult times, as it has during the second world war. When the very foundation of a society is threatened it will revert back to the basics and what made it great, in Australia's case that is coal.
    Last edited by Alejandro1: 15/04/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.82
Change
-0.090(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.617B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.85 $7.88 $7.78 $4.702M 601.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1537 $7.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.83 17591 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.34am 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.