UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

Bungy,Yeah I was only trying to say that 30m in UI38 is high...

1. 58 Posts.
    Bungy,

Yeah I was only trying to say that 30m in UI38 is high grade and 40m in UI 199 is unknown so it can't be used to demonstrate that the ore body is thickening towards the East.

Good pickup on UI38. I didn't notice that at all. Funny in that the hole was assayed returning only high grade from 41m so it wasn't just a visual assessment at all. Then later when they deepened the hole the high grade stuff starts from 29m?

Is it a mistake in the initial assay? Or do they just average out the higher grade stuff that was deeper so that on average, the ore is high grade 58%+ from 29m? Sorry I'm a relatively inexperienced investor and I don't really know how all that works.

Also interesting is the wording they have chosen. In the first ann, they said 'significant Marra Mamba style...' as you mentioned. Same with the latest announcement with the 40m interval, implying they don't know what percentage is high grade. I'm assuming they're not trying to say it's 40m high grade.

Whereas as you pointed out they said 10m of 'visual high grade' for hole 196. Eagerly await the assay on that one to see how accurate they are.

The other thing that worries me is the inconsistent and complex nature of the Railway deposit. It is very thick in some parts, then thin and then breaks off and starts again at a different depth. So it will take closely spaced drills to convince me beyond doubt that there is a large ore body there.

Forgive the pessimism but I have a lot invested in this stock and believe in it - probably a little too much. As such, I have put my conservative glasses on so as not get into the classic trap of falling in love with the stock.

Have ridden the stroke causing roller coaster that is UMC since 30c (and have accumulated since then, my highest buy being over $1) and am nervously awaiting more holes Eastwards to confirm a commercial DSO ore body at Railway. Then I can finally breath a sigh of relief and hopefully attend the long awaited $2 party.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.