FBR 7.50% 4.3¢ fbr ltd

target price $1, page-246

1. 1,738 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 451
    If you believe the price of FBR stock is going to $1 within 5 years then the price it trades at between now and then is of no real consequence.
    You are either buying now, or you are already bully invested.
    It should not matter what happens now because you wouldn't be selling for any price other than $1 in today's PV terms.

Another way to think about it would be to assign some fair value probabilities, for e.g.
    FBR has 95% chance of going to zero.
    FBR has 5% chance of success measured as disruption to the block laying industry resulting in it being worth $20 Billion in 5 years time. For some perspective, remember Icon is value at 2B USD today, with inferior tech and only a few low cost houses under it's belt.
    Then the value of FBR could be rough calculated as the Present Value of (95% x $0)+(5% x $5,000,000,000)=$250,000,000.

Now I'm not saying these are fair assumptions as everyone would have their own view on the way the unknown future will play out.
    But we can see that a very low probability of an event occurring is needed to justify the current price if that low probability event is partial disruption of an entire industry.
    Of course this oversimplifies things but it's the way I try conceptualize value, when I don't have the necessary inputs to model out.

Of course, I could be wrong in my assumptions and that would materially change the outcome. This is not investment advice. Do your own research and make your own investment decisions, etc etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.003(7.50%)
Mkt cap ! $206.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.3¢ 4.0¢ $378.1K 9.064M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 912797 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 389874 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.