OGC 0.00% $2.20 oceanagold corporation

"t'ain't necessarily so...." The "market" is just in a glum...

1. 8,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383

"t'ain't necessarily so...." The "market" is just in a glum phase so far as OGC is concerned. After all OGC recently announced a nett loss of some $150 million which is not the sort of thing that the "market" likes to hear in the present financial environment. It is very easy in those circumstances for a rather glum, pessimistic view of the company to form. It just adds weight to the negative sentiment that has been affecting OGC for the best part of a year.
    Is the "market" right ? Well at the moment it thinks it is because, in my opinion, it is reluctant to allow OGC any slack because it is unwilling to concede that there is any sign of positives yet.
    It is probably why the company included in its recent announcement the forward looking projections of what are the goals for the coming years. It will be interesting to see how the market reacts when the FTAA for Didipio is finally officially approved and confirmed. I would expect that such an event will be welcomed by the "market" but it may be a bit of a lukewarm response because it is now going to take a much longer time for OGC to get Didipio back into full operational condition.....probably the best part of a year to get to 100%

The tide will turn.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.