LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

Tariffs?..., page-14

1. 1,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 363
    thanks @ausheds great quote ..

I was reading an article in SCMP "China reliant on US core technology for some time, but so is the world"  . Of China's, to date, failed ambitions of entering the "silicon" race. Dominated by foundaries like TSMC/GlobalFoundaries etc. …
    And even if China are able to create a successful fab, by the time it's up and running its already a generation behind it's competitors.  

Even recently China opening up their "Silicon valley" , all drives home how badly China needs to build its own Silicon channel ..  

The reason I follow Silicon industry so closely is because I see in rare earths a model that china will try to abuse to win the silicon race .. Lynas is in my eyes the equivalent of GlobalFoundary/TSMC, they are on the path to becoming the most succesfull, if not already, FAB of the rare earths world..

And how exactly will China win the Silicon race in the end? By providing a "better" silicon product that leverages their "rare earths" dominance ..  eg.  "Rare Earth Ions in Nanostructured Silicon Rich Hosts " .. Alot of research of RE's is required which as you mentioned above they are doing..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.